Distributed Temperature Sensing Cable
Makai’s Distributed Temperature Sensing Tow Cable is used to measure distributed water column temperature as it is being towed behind a vessel.
The Distributed Temperature Sensing Cable provides improved oceanographic data that supports a number of applications.
- Optical fiber embedded in the outer jacket of the tow cable acts as a distributed sensor.
- Distributed temperature sensing solution based on top performing DTS system.
- Data collection not affected by ocean currents
- Compatible with legacy cables
- Provides real-time truth data
- Does not impact tow cable function
- Significantly more accurate than existing methods
- Temperature collected every second
- <0.5° Celsius error along any 0.5-meter segment of cable
- Temperature collected along entire cable length
Interested in Makai’s Distributed Temperature Sensing Tow Cable?
Contact us by sending in this form any time you need professional support or have any questions. You can also fill in the form to leave your comments or feedback for Makai’s team.